Frequently Asked Questions
1. Dogs allowed? Yes, dogs need to start at the back of the race, distanced a little from the crowd. They need to be kept on a short leash and keep a passing lane open on your left-hand side at all times. Please bring the means the clean up after them.
2. Strollers allowed? Yes, you may run or walk with a stroller. We ask that you start towards the back and leave a passing lane on your left. The course is a mix or road, gravel and a little grass so keep that in mind.
3. Is this a charity run? Yes, after expenses have been paid for proceeds go towards Earth Runs or our other featured charity of the month. Also check out all the other great work we do and other non-profits that we support here About Us.
4. Gear Check? No, you may store valuables in your car and parking is located close to the start and finish line. We do have limited space at the registration area if you just ask any volunteer there to store your bag, they can put it behind the table.
5. I have pre-registered now what? Come race day and head to the registration booth, where you will find your bib number waiting for you listed under your last name. We suggest arriving at least 1 hour prior to race time. The event day schedule is located here Schedule. For our larger events we will also offer an early packet pick up day before race day.
6. Chip timed? The race is chip timed and your bib will have the timing chip on the back. Please have your bib on the outer most garment to make sure it gets picked up by the chip reader. The bib is printed on paper and can be recycled. Results are live streamed and available on our results page.
7. Are there awards or medals? We do not have an official awards ceremony unless specified. We do offer finishers medals for purchase at the race. After you have completed your event just ask for your medal at the finish tent or the registration tent.
8. Is there a time limit? We start taking down the course starting from the end after 2 hours for the 15k and 2.5 hours on half marathon days. We take down the course from the end to the biggening so as long as you are on your last lap by that time you will be good to go. If you need more time, we have an early start option at each race. You can start the race 30 minutes early at any of our events. Just let us know at the start line tent and we will get you started.
9. Is the course USAFT certified? Our 5k loop is USATF certified.
10. Do kids have to register for the 5k? Yes, everyone that runs in the event needs to be registered and have a bib on. We do have a discount for students and kids so just email us for that. If the child is in a stroller, you do not need to register them.
11. Can I change my distance? Yes, you can, email us or you can do it day of race and we will make the change. If you are changing to a more expensive event, you can pay the difference day of race at the registration booth.
12. Are headphones allowed? Headphones are not allowed near the start/finish area. Other areas of the course you may wear them but please be alert as the course is open to the public and the park has many other activities going on.
13. Is this event awesome? Yes, it is!