About the series...
Club Northwest (a local non-profit running club) proudly presents "a series for all seasons!" Join us for monthly running and walking events for individuals, duos, and groups, based at beautiful Magnuson Park on the shores of Lake Washington in northeast Seattle. Rain or shine, wind or calm, we'll be here to help you meet your fitness goals and new friends at the same time!
About the course...
We keep the same course each month so you can have a measurement for improvement. Our easy to follow 5k loop allows you to easily gauge where you are which helps with maintaining your pace.
Positive effects of endurance training
- Decreased risk of disease, and increased quality of life.
- Increased production of red blood cells (erythrocytes), leading to greater oxygen carrying capacity.
- Increased blood volume up to 3-4 L.
- Lowers your resting heart rate, and decreases your blood pressure.
- Enhances capacity for thermoregulation.
- Positive effects on Central Nervous system, such as attention, short-term memory, and information processing speed.
- Increased immune function.
- Studies have shown that regular exercisers have a more positive attitude toward work than sedentary counterparts.
- Exercise is effective in reducing psychological stress.