Frequently Asked Questions
1. Dogs allowed? Yes you can bring your dog. Please keep them on a short leash and close to you at all times. Bring the means to pick up after him/her as well and make sure to keep an open lane for runners passing on your left.
2. Strollers allowed? Yes, the course is all terrain so keep that in mind.
3. Is this a charity run? Yes, after expenses have been paid for proceeds go towards Earth Runs or our other featured charity of the month. Also check out all the other great work we do and other non-profits that we support here About Us.
4. Gear Check? No, you may store valuables in your car and parking is located close to the start and finish line. We do have limited space at the registration area if you just ask any volunteer there to store your bag they can put it behind the table.
5. I have pre-registered now what? Come race day and head to the registration booth, where you will find your bib number waiting for you listed under your last name. We suggest arrive at least 1 hour prior to race time. The event day schedule is located here Schedule.
6. Chip timed? No, but we do record your time and place and you will have an official time that can be used to qualify you for other events. The website will have the results posted a couple days after the event.
7. Are there awards or medals? We do not have an official awards ceremony unless specified. We do offer finishers medals upon request. After you have completed your event just ask for your medal at the finish tent or the registration tent.
8. Is there a time limit? For the half marathon we have to start taking town the course 2.5 hours after the start, but you are welcome to keep running/walking the finish if you are longer than that as we take the finish line down last. For our other events we start taking down the course at 2 hours. If you don't think this enough time just email us and you can start an hour early, the course is set up 1.5 hours before the start of the race.
9. Is the course USAFT certified? No.
10. Do kids have to register for the 5k? Yes, everyone that runs in the event needs to be registered and have a bib on. We do have a discount for students and kids so just email us for that. If the child is in a stroller you do not need to register them.
11. Can I change my distance? Yes you can, email us or you can do it day of race and we will make the change. If you are changing to a more expensive event you can pay the difference day of race at the registration booth.
12. Are headphones allowed? Headphones are no allowed near the start/finish area. Other areas of the course you may wear them but please be alert as the course is open to the public and the park has many other activities going on.
13. Is this event awesome? Yes it is!